We have just released a new feature in Accudemia that allows power-users and administrators to send reports automatically.
In order to schedule a report, go to the Reports screen, select the report you want and the filters as you would do to view it normally. If you have the appropriate permissions, you'll see a new button "Schedule Report":
When clicked, you will be guided through a 5-step wizard:
1) Start: Enter a descriptive name of the report you are scheduling. Since this Name will be shown to the user receiving the report, you can use to describe what it is and how it’s filtered. If you are sending this to other users (eg, Instructors) you might, you can for example enter “Last 30 days of your students’ activity”.
2) Schedule: This is when the report will be sent. The max frequency is daily and you can pick at around what time it will be sent.
3) Recipients: Select who will receive the report. It can be either all active instructors, all active tutors, specific users, yourself or a list of specific email addresses. If you select instructors, tutors, or specific users, you can take advantage of dynamic filtering. That means that each different user will receive a different report filtered by their own account. See the next step to understand better how it works.
4) Report Options: Enable individual reports for instructors, tutors or students. If you selected to send the report to all instructors, and check the “Send individual email to each instructor”, then each instructor will be able to see only the information associated to his/her account.
These dynamic filtering options are only available when the recipients are either all tutors, instructors or specific users. If you selected yourself or entered the email addresses manually, the same report will be sent to all recipients.
5) Review: This is the last step. A summary of the report to be created is presented. Click Finish is everything looks fine.
Once the scheduled report has been saved, you can go to Reports > View Scheduled Reports to deleted, activate/deactivate or change the title of a scheduled report. At this time editing an existent report is not available, you would need to delete it and create it again.