As you may know profile responses do not have to be mapped in ADX (Accudemia Data eXchange) when you are importing them from a CSV file. The reason is because ADX looks specifically for them by the headings used in the import file to associate them with a specific page and question number of the Student’s Profile.
So if we are already uploading information such as the student’s Classification (i.e. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate, etc.) to a profile response then why not make this a Student Group that your System Admins in Accudemia can use for reporting later that semester. The reason is that Profile Responses are not typically available on most reports but Student Groups are on just about all reports in Accudemia.If you need some refreshing on how to either creating the Profile Questionnaire or How to format the headers of your CSV to import the Profile Responses please use these links:
Create Profile Questionnaire (Step-by-Step)
Importing Demographic/Profile information (How to format the CSV file)
Here is all you need to change in your already existing ADX import job to create these Student Groups:
- Open the ADX application from your shortcut (on the desktop
- Login to Accudemia (if not storing your credentials). This requires your domain, User ID, and password.
- Once in ADX select an import job to edit/modify that is currently uploading your Student Profile information.
- Now skip ahead in the Import Job Wizard to the “Mapping” options and choose
a Profile Response you want to generate Student Groups from like shown
Note: Only one Profile Response can be mapped to “User Group’s Name” per import job.
- You should see in the Summary the Student Groups that will be created as
- Before you complete the wizard make sure to check the box in the Import
Behaviors section to “Remove non-imported users from Groups” so that the Student
Groups being imported are kept up-to-date as shown below.
- Continue through the wizard until you click Finish.