Most of you will need to copy semester information to start the new year.
Here's a quick guide on how to copy Tutor Assignments from one semester to another:
There are 2 ways to do that:
1) To copy only a couple of tutors:
- Go to User Accounts -> Tutors
- Select the user you want (or click on "MultiSelect" to select more than one tutor)
- Click on Assignments
- Click on "Copy assignments from another term"
- Select source and destination terms and click Accept.
2) To copy several tutors at once:
- Go to Advanced -> Export
- Click on "Tutor Assignments" to export all the tutor assignments.
- Delete the columns "Tutor Name" and "Subject Area Code"
- Sort the data by "Semester" and remove the records from old semesters (only keep the data from the semester you want to copy from)
- Change the semester column to the new semester. For example, rename all Fall 2013 with Winter 2014.
- Re-import that data using ADX. You will need to map the fields "Semester's Name", "Tutor ID" and "Subject Area's Name"
If you need help on setting up a new semester, just write a comment below and I'll write an entry about it :)